Please click here to view a statement by Senator the Hon Michaelia Cash, Minister for Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business about increased flexibility being applied to job seeking arrangements that have been introduced by the Federal Government in response to the impact of the Coronavirus.
The information contained within this statement may be of relevance to clients of your organisation’s services. It may be useful to bring this information to their attention.
The statement describes:
- The suspension of all ‘mutual obligation requirements’ that apply to jobseekers until 31 March to help ease congestion on the MyGov website
- More flexible arrangements to eliminate the need for face-to-face interactions between jobseekers and their service providers
- Capacity for jobseekers with caring responsibilities or who need to self-isolate to seek an exemption from their mutual obligations without the need for medical evidence
- Reduction in the number of job searches that are to be undertaken and how these can be undertaken
- Suspension of all Work for the Dole and other activities in group settings that cannot be delivered on-line
- Ability for sole traders who become eligible for Jobseeker Payments to be assessed as automatically meeting their mutual obligation requirements by continuing to develop and sustain their business.
Submit a Comment