Your attention is drawn to the latest Director-General’s COVID-19 UPDATE released to the community services sector. This edition of the UPDATE includes information about:
Roadmap to easing Queensland’s restrictions
This advice concerns:
- recently relaxed restrictions with reminders to continue to follow the advice of health professionals in maintaining social distancing and practising good hygiene
- a reminder that the revised direction that allows for a household to have up to five visitors does NOT prevent workers or volunteers from entering a residence given that they are not counted as visitors
- more information on delivering in-home services safely that can be obtained from the Queensland Government website
- information that should be considered by organisations prior to transitioning staff back into the workplace including having a WHS plan to manage COVID-19 prominently displayed
Escaping domestic and family violence
Information is presented about:
- updating of the Home Confinement, Movement and Gathering Direction by Queensland Health to make it clear that people can leave their principal place of residence to access domestic and family violence support services
- further information that can be obtained from the Queensland Government’s domestic and family violence web portal.
Business continuity planning
Information is presented about the Director-General’s thoughts about re-looking at business continuity plans informed by lessons learned from our recent and current experiences in managing the impact of COVID-19.
Reminder about accessing the daily COVID-19 stakeholder bulletins
A reminder is provided about how you can access daily (Monday to Friday) COVID-19 stakeholder bulletins from the Queensland Government’s COVID-19 website. These bulletins overview key developments over the past 24 hours, current Public Health advice and updated information on government services and financial and community assistance.