Welcome to NAIDOC Week. NAIDOC stands for ‘National Aborigines and Islanders Day Observance Committee’, but similar to other acronyms such as BMW, VW and ANZAC, the term NAIDOC has now come to develop a life and meaning of its own – one that is firmly and fondly entrenched in the mindset of most Australians. Make sure you set aside time this week to visit the NAIDOC Week website.
- Find out more about the origins and history of NAIDOC Week
- Read about the NAIDOC Week Teaching Resources now available from SBS Learn
- View the art work of Maggie-Jean Douglas, a Gubbi Gubbi artist from South East Queensland and winner of the prestigious National NAIDOC poster competition for 2021
- Note the suggestions about how you can join in the NAIDOC Week celebrations
- Reflect on this year’s NAIDOC Week theme – Heal Country.
Happy NAIDOC Week to all!