PeakCare and the Queensland Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Child Protection Peak (QATSICPP) are pleased to release the next four reports on our survey findings about the Liberal National Party’s proposals for overhauling Queensland’s child protection system:
- On the proposal for the Child Protection Force to adopt a hierarchy and rank structure similar to the Police
- On the proposal for Child Protection Force officers to be on hand 24-hours a day under new shift arrangements
- On the proposal that a rapid response team be placed on stand-by for after-hours support
- On the proposal that a new team of police investigators will be called in to clear backlogs and overhaul procedures for high-risk cases
Similar to most of the reports about the survey findings that have already been released, there are significant differences in the opinions held both within and across the 13 stakeholder groups who responded to the survey. This applies in respect of some of the proposals more than others.
You will again notice that many of the respondents were quite forthright in presenting their obviously very strongly held views.
- Are you surprised by the findings or not?
- If you completed the survey, have your opinions been confirmed or changed by the commentary included in the reports?
- Are there matters reported on that you need to further consider?
- Or are there matters reported on that you are hoping our political parties will further consider in the development and refinement of their policy platforms?
You can enter comments, anonymously if you prefer, about the survey findings here. Your comments will be brought to the attention of the political parties.
- Random compulsory drug tests for people on Intervention with Parental Agreements
- Parents who have had positive drug tests being required to participate in a drug rehabilitation service, and
- Parents’ second positive drug tests leading to their children being placed in foster care under a no-second chances model
After reading the comments here, enter you own – anonymously if you prefer.