ProCare Australia is seeking a permanent, full time Program Manager, Out of Home Care located in Townsville to work for a well known not-for-profit organisation that has been proudly supporting and strengthening the capacity of vulnerable people within Townsville and surrounding regions since 1974. Offering a range of tailored services across Foster & Kinship, Residential Care and Community, their Community Hub offers a safe space for those who are vulnerable, homeless or at risk of homelessness. The service provides the opportunity to socialise and be supported as a valued member of the Townsville community.
About the labour hire company –
ProCare Australia are leaders in recruitment and labour hire for the community services sector, providing casual, locum and permanent career opportunities.
About the role –
The Program Manager oversees Residential Out of Home Care services (for short to long-term accommodation), Respite and Emergency Care and Family Contact Service for children under the age of 12. The client is seeking an experienced child protection leader who has extensive experience in management of child focused residential out of home care services.
As the previous position holder was with the organisation for 19 years, the incoming Program Manager needs to be confident leading a team through a period of change.
- Maintain a high standard of trauma informed care to ensure physical, emotional, spiritual, and social wellbeing of children in the services
- Together with the Service Operations Manager, ensure services are compliant (meeting legislative and funding requirements) and services meet evolving statutory needs
- Supporting and supervising the Residential Care Services team of 20+ staff, ensuring a safe and harmonious work environment free from bullying, discrimination, and harassment
- Develop and manage rosters for required services, ensuring adequate staffing levels and after hours on call services are met
- Participate in a rotating OnCall roster, an average of two weeks on, two weeks off (OnCall allowance is paid)
- As a member of the leadership team, work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to develop, implement, and report on the operational program and budget
- Ensure the ongoing safety, suitability, and maintenance of the Residential Care Services properties
Salary and benefits:
- SCHADS Level 7 – $110,907.68 – $115,537.24 + 11% Super (+ OnCall allowance)
- 5 weeks leave per year
- Birthday leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fully funded support to complete you Food Supervisor Certificate
- Supportive and collaborative management and team
- Free annual Flu Vaccinations
- Salary Sacrifice
Find out more and apply at the ProCare Australia website.