National Child Protection Conference 2019
24th & 25th June 2019
During the last week of June 2019 Queensland hosted The Big Week, consisting of three big events:
- The National Child Protection Conference – Co-hosted by the Child and Family Welfare Association of Australia (CAFWAA), the Queensland Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Child Protection Peak (QATSICPP), and PeakCare Queensland (24 & 25 June 2019);
- Advocacy Masterclass – Led by Professor Cindy Blackstock (26 June 2019); and
- The QATSICPP Members’ Conference – Hosted by QATSICPP (27 & 28 June 2019).
About the National Child Protection Conference
24 & 25 June 2019
Rydges South Bank, 9 Glenelg Street, South Brisbane
The National Child Protection Conference gathered together policy-makers, researchers, service administrators and practitioners from government and non-government mainstream and community-controlled organisations from across the country to explore what’s hot in the world of child protection. This important conference provided opportunities to showcase innovation as well as to explore and debate contentious issues currently confronting all Australian States and Territories.
The National Child Protection Conference featured presentations from speakers and organisations from across the country and included:
- Keynote addresses
- 90 minute workshops and panel-led discussions
- 40 minute concurrent presentations, and
- 10 minute express podium presentations.
Download the Conference Program to see abstracts and speaker information from this conference.