Lighthouse Resources – Youth Mental Health First Aid
A full-day online training workshop for adults working or living with adolescents
This course includes a self-paced component that must be completed before workshop attendance.
Participants will receive an introduction to mental health, mental health problems and mental health first aid. Each module will cover statistics and facts about the particular mental health problem, how to recognise the signs that someone may be experiencing the problem.
- online access to PDF version of the MHFA Manual so you can get started right away
- Approximately 3 – 4 hours to complete
- eCertrificate of completion on successful completion of the course (PDF)
- Audio, video, case scenarios and short multiple choice quizzes to keep you engaged
- Online, email and telephone technical support
Developing mental health problems covered in the workshop:
- Anxiety problems
- Eating disorders
- Substance use problems
- Mental health crises covered:
- Panic attacks
- Severe psychotic states
- Severe effects from alcohol or other drug use
- Aggressive behaviours.
Date: Friday, 18th November – 9am to 3pm
Venue: Your place! (via Zoom)
Cost: $250 per person including a copy of the YMHFA manual and a certificate of attendance