Lighthouse Resources – Body Safety Awareness for Children 0 – 11 years
One day in-person body safety training is aimed at workers who support early learning and primary school children
This body safety training is aimed at workers who support early learning and primary school children. The training emphasises the role adults and workers play in keeping children safe. It will also equip workers with many different activities and worksheets to utilise in their work with children to assist in empowering them to understand and be confident in body autonomy and assertive communication.
The training will provide information around
- What is sexual abuse and grooming
- What are the signs and tactics perpetrators use
- Signs of sexual abuse to be aware of in children we support
- Relevant legislation and case studies
- How to promote body autonomy
- How to recognise emotions and early warning signs of danger/ being afraid
- Activities around assertiveness, safe adults and what makes a good friend.
- How to engage safe adults in utilising the program.
Date: Thursday, 13th July – 10am to 4.30pm
Venue: Lighthouse Resources Upstairs Training Room – Kyabra Street RUNCORN, QLD 4113
Cost: $220 per person including morning tea, all associated handouts and a certificate of attendance (BYO lunch)