Are you committed to the protection of children and young people in Queensland and have extensive experience in this field? PeakCare is a Queensland peak child protection body serving as an independent and impartial voice and is seeking a temporary full-time Director, PeakCare Services to exercise a leadership role in analysing and providing authoritative specialist advice on child protection and related legislation and policy.
This role is a temporary opportunity with immediate start, for a three-month period with small possibility of extension.
Reporting to the A/Executive Director and working as a member of the organisation’s senior team, you will:
- direct the development, implementation, monitoring and regular review of the organisation’s operational plan including all project and work activities
- inform submissions and the ongoing education and engagement of, and liaison and negotiation with, government and non-government agencies in identifying and responding to emerging trends and issues
- direct the maintenance, continuous improvement and sound application of all organisational policies, procedures and systems relating to the management and effective delivery of PeakCare’s services
You will have a degree from a recognised tertiary Institution in the social sciences or a related discipline, with high level experience, expertise and exemplary competence in your previous appointments. You will demonstrate a depth of experience in child protection and related fields accompanied by knowledge of the relationship between the non-government and government sectors. In addition, your experience in research and analysis will enable you to provide authoritative and accurate policy advice.
You will be willing to undertake a background check (such as a national criminal history check) and hold a current Queensland Blue Card, and a current ‘C’ class driver licence.
The position is classified at Level 8 – Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award (Social and Community Services Employees). An attractive remuneration package is offered including base salary, superannuation and salary packaging.
Applicants must address full selection criteria contained in the Position Description in no more than two (2) pages that are to be submitted with a current resume and contact details for two (2) professional referees.
Selection criteria summary
- Demonstrated exemplary specialist and technical knowledge of legislation, policies, programs, practices, trends and issues relevant to child protection, family support and related services and an understanding of the implications of these matters for service delivery and system improvements within and across the government and non-government sectors within Queensland
- Proven exemplary proficiency in researching, analysing and developing policy positions that are of a complex and significant nature
- Demonstrated exemplary writing skills including an ability to formulate, structure and tailor submissions, discussion papers, reports and other documents to tight deadlines while accurately analysing and communicating matters of a complex nature
- Demonstrated exemplary interpersonal and verbal communication skills including an ability to discuss, collaborate, consult and negotiate with: internal and external personnel, elected government officials and their staff, representatives of other interest groups including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and leaders of the community-controlled sector, and children, young people and members of their families who may have or have had involvement with various aspects of the child protection system
- Demonstrated exemplary proficiency in independently managing projects of a complex nature within budgetary constraints, providing authoritative specialist advice within a designated field of expertise, and exercising judgement and delegated authority in negotiating and making decisions on behalf of an organisation
- Proven exemplary proficiency in operational management of a work unit comprising multiple occupational groups performing diverse roles and in exercising a leadership role as a member of a senior leadership team
- Proven proficiency in managing or coordinating quality improvement processes including the attainment and maintenance of International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) accreditation (or similar accreditation)
View the full Position Description and Selection Criteria
Applications will be assessed as they are received, so candidates confident of a good fit are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Further information is available by contacting Thomas Allsop, A/Executive Director, PeakCare Qld
Ph: 0499 014 656
Applications are to be submitted in writing or emailed to:
PeakCare Queensland Inc
PO Box 159
PADDINGTON QLD 4064