ProCare Australia is seeking a permanent full time or part time Counsellor Support Worker located at Milton to assist with services provided by a Queensland-wide domestic and family violence helplines, Womensline and MenslineSexual Assault Helpline for anyone who has been impacted by sexual abuse, including friends and family of survivors of assault, whether recent or historic and also provides VictimConnect, a new program supporting people impacted by violent crime in Queensland, and clinical oversight as well as specialist counselling services under the National Sexual Assault, Domestic and Family Violence Counselling Service, 1800RESPECT.
About the organisation –
ProCare Australia are leaders in recruitment and labour hire for the community services sector, providing casual, locum and permanent career opportunities.
About the role –
The role of Counsellor Support Worker (CSW) significantly contributes to the delivery of domestic violence support services to impacted women in residing in Queensland. The key responsibilities of the CSW role is to support the Crisis Intervention Counsellors and Team Leaders by arranging emergency accommodation and travel for clients, assisting with the referral processes, data entry into various systems and answering the client and service line. Other administrative activities may arise as required to support a high-quality service delivery.
To Be Successful
- Tertiary qualification (or working towards completion) in relevant areas such as Social and Behavioural sciences OR obtained other appropriate community service qualifications – highly regarded
- Experience in the domestic and family violence sector or other community service sectors – desirable
- Skills and knowledge in the area of gender-based violence desirable
- Significant demonstrated ability to manage sensitive situations in a calm manner
- Quality, timeliness, and accuracy in presentation of work (database entries, QHIP)
- Well-developed IT skills
- Exceptional and effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to social justice, values and its’ role in delivering services to people impacted by violence and abuse.
- It is a genuine requirement of this position that it be filled by a woman as permitted in sections 25, 104 and 105 of the Anti-Discrimination Act, 1991
Salary and Benefits
- $71,128.72pa – $76,272.04 + Super
- Onsite discounted parking
- Boost salary with penalty rates as per award
Find out more and apply at the ProCare Australia website.