ProCare Australia is seeking casual Child and Family Practitioners to support families care for their children at various locations around Queensland.
About the organisation –
ProCare Australia are leaders in recruitment and labour hire for the community services sector – providing casual, locum and permanent career opportunities.
About the role –
The Family Support Practitioner plays a key role in the provision of frontline support services to children, young people and families Family Support Practitioners help provide intensive in-home support to children, young people and families referred by the Department of Children, Youth Justice and Multicultural Affairs.
You will support implementation of the journey plan that includes key goals and activities to support children, young people and their families achieve the desired outcome, within the home environment and community.
Locations include: Brisbane, Logan, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Ipswich, Toowoomba, Warwick.
Renumeration: $46 – $93 hourly rate depending on qualifications and experience.
- Work in an environment with families who have high complex behavioural needs.
- Attend family homes to provide support to families utilising a professional practice model.
- Provide advocation and support to families to assist in developing routines, plan daily activities and schedules based on need, problem solve, implement safety planning, utilise behaviour management strategies to assist families in de-escalating situations.
- Provide intensive personal support through a range of interpersonal and life skills ensuring a safe and supportive environment for the family.
- Engage in personal and professional development to maintain an in depth understanding of trauma and attachment, behavioural triggers and responses.
- Implement, maintain and utilise policies, procedures, frameworks and professional boundaries.
- Positive behaviour support strategies and other support strategies as outlined within the families care management documentation to ensure professional boundaries, responses and processes are maintained at all times.
- Facilitate and transport individuals and families to required activities and appointments in line with departmental policies.
To Be Successful
- Preferred Qualifications – Bachelor Degree in Social Work, Human Services, Teaching or similar
- Consideration – Diploma or Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family with extensive relevant experience
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in a similar role working with vulnerable children and families
Applicants do not have to be vaccinated for Covid-19.
- Drivers License Class ‘C’ (Open)
- Child Safety and Personal History Check (LCS2) or ability to obtain
- Current Blue Card
- Current First Aid and CRP Certificate
- A vehicle with full Comprehensive Car Insurance
- Workers must be willing to travel up to an hour for shifts
Find out more and apply at the ProCare Australia website.